Parties & Weddings
Yes, we agree: 6BC Garden is a beautiful place for a party, wedding or other personal celebration.
The garden is the happy scene of many such private events every year. But before you start planning your own event, you should know that:
ALL PRIVATE EVENTS WITH MORE THAN FIVE ATTENDEES REQUIRE PREVIOUS APPROVAL. THIS INCLUDES FAMILY AND CHILDREN’S PARTIES AND MEMBER-HOSTED PARTIES.
- The garden must remain open to the public during your event.
- You can have no more than 30 people in attendance.
- In most cases there is a fee.
And as always:
- No alcohol is permitted.
- No open fires are permitted (barbeque grills must be approved in advance).
- Electric power/water/ toilet facilities are very limited.
All the same, the garden may fit your needs: Many people have found, for example, that it’s the perfect place for their wedding ceremony; they hold their reception elsewhere.
If 6BC Garden seems right for your event:
- Check our calendar to see if another event has already been scheduled on your preferred date (be aware that some events may not yet be posted ).
- Contact us. Please tell us as much as possible about your plans, including time and date and number of guests. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Photos: Top, Chamuri Keast and Michael Lewis Smith's wedding, April 2006. Bottom, Greenmap staff party,2006 (by Wendy Brawer)